The process of creating Custom Reports in the Conversagent portal is simple. First, select Reports from the side menu (represented by a stack of papers icon) and select Add/Edit Reports from the bottom of the list. On the page that opens, select + Create New Report. You will then be able to start building your Report.
You will not be able to save your report until you have specified the following:
- Report Name: The first thing your report will need is a good name. Anything that will distinguish this Report from other Reports you wish to build is appropriate for this field.
- Report Type: The type of Report you wish for this to be. The options for this are Program, User, and Conversation. Explanations for what these Report types represent can be found below:
- Program Report: A Program Report lists data from every Program enrolment of all consumers. Each row on a Consumer Report contains the specified data values from a runthrough of a consumer who uses the widget. If you have a mechanism to unenrol and reenrol consumers into your program, this Report Type will contain a row for each enrolment. This is likely to be your most used report type.
- User Report: A User Report lists data from the most recent Program enrolment of each consumer. Each row on a User Report contains the specified data values from their most recent runthrough of the Program. It will not contain previous Program runthroughs for this specific account. If you have some mechanism to unenrol and reenrol a consumer into your Widget Program, none of the data from previous enrolments will be listed.
- Conversation Report: A Conversation Report lists data from every completed Conversation instance. Data for this is loaded from the Conversation instance, so Profile variables such as Name, Email, Address are unavailable. Other system variables such as User ID, Conversation Name, and the Completed At timestamp are still captured.
Once you have selected the appropriate Report Type and set a good name for your report, you can start specifying the data you want listed. To add a column to the Report, select the check mark next to the item name from the Property List on the left side of the Report Builder. Checking one of these boxes will add the item to the Selected Reports Columns list. You can click on each item to expand the Column editor, which will allow you to add a custom header row name to the Column. It will also allow you to set replacement values to replace incoming data with more readable content, and specify that you want the entire row hidden if the value is empty. This should be checked on an essential item to the report that will render the data worthless in its absence, if you wish for your report to appear without some blank rows.
Once you have specified your required data, hit Save. The Report will now be available in your Reports list, and you will be able to view the values stored from your Virtual Human.